While your liver does not work properly, you are then experiencing liver failure. In such a condition you will face nausea, blood in stool, loss of appetite, etc. Alcohol and certain foods are restricted for liver failure patients. It is a life-threatening disease. So, if you experience the above symptoms regularly consult a gastroenterologist in Guwahati immediately. Lead a healthy life also gives you an early recovery.
Understanding The Functions Of The Liver
- Prepare blood protein that helps clotting supply oxygen and boost the immune system.
- Bile is a yellowish liquid that is used for digestion. The liver produces the yellowish juice.
- Preserve sugar in your body in the name of glycogen
- Divide saturated fat and prepare cholesterol
- Purify your bloodstream from toxins such as drugs, alcohol, etc.
Symptoms Of Liver Failure
Liver failure is a slow process. Sometimes common symptoms make it difficult to diagnose the issue. So, early detection is not merely an easy job. While the liver gets weakened, symptoms appear severely.
Some common symptoms include:
- Loss of appetite
- Blood vomiting
- Blood in stool
In the advanced stage, the symptoms get worse and it is like:
- Extreme fatigue
- Disbalanced mental state
- Feel a sweet odor
- Fluid stored in the abdomen and legs
- Movement issue
- Feeling unwell
What Causes Liver Failure?
- Many diseases such as hepatitis B, and C, hemochromatosis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, etc. responsible for liver failure.
- Cirohhosis means chronic liver failure. When your liver is injured due to extreme consumption of alcohol or drugs or any other reasons, liver tissue starts to scar down. While healthy tissues want to build up in place of scar tissue your liver cannot work properly. Chronic hepatitis and excessive alcohol consumption are responsible for cirrhosis.
- Vascular or metabolic disorders such as Wilson’s disease and autoimmune hepatitis are also responsible for liver failure.
How To Diagnosis Liver Failure
Initially, the doctor asks you about symptoms and does some physical tests. Depending on your condition your doctor will decide on some other tests which include:
- Blood test
- Abdominal image
- Urine test
Liver Failure: Treatment
Visit the gastroenterologist in Guwahati who can decide your treatment method. Although there are two ways of treatment available, which include:
Chronic Liver Failure
Avoid alcohol and some drugs that are injurious to your liver
- Limit red meat, egg and cheese
- Maintain high blood pressure by medication
- Maintain blood sugar level
- Limit extra salt from your food
Acute Liver Failure
- Provide medication intravenously to control blood pressure
- Daily monitoring of diabetes level. Whether your blood glucose level decreases your doctor will give you glucose orally.
- Your doctor will give you laxatives or enemas to emit toxins from your body.
- Your provider may give you a blood transfusion if you bleed heavily
- If you have a breathing issue breathing tube will support you
Many people now recover from liver failure by the advancement of treatment. If a transplant is necessary do it within six months. However, liver transplants need extreme medical care and medications.